If you’re looking to break into the world of cloud computing, getting your first AWS certification is a great place to start. AWS, or Amazon Web Services, is the leading cloud platform and having a certification on your resume can open up a world of opportunities.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get your first AWS certification:
- Determine which certification is right for you. AWS offers several different certifications, each geared towards different levels of experience and expertise. If you’re new to AWS, the best place to start is with the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. This certification covers the basics of cloud computing and AWS services, and is a great foundation for further certifications.
- Study for the certification exam. AWS provides a wealth of resources to help you prepare for the certification exam, including study guides, practice exams, and instructor-led training courses. Take advantage of these resources to build your knowledge and confidence.
- Register for the certification exam. Once you feel ready, you can register for the certification exam on the AWS website. The exam is typically taken at a testing center, but there are options for online proctored exams as well.
- Take the certification exam. The certification exam is a multiple-choice, performance-based test that covers the content outlined in the exam guide. You will have a set amount of time to complete the exam, so make sure to manage your time wisely.
- Wait for your results. After completing the exam, you will receive your results within a few weeks. If you pass, congratulations! You are now an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. If you don’t pass, don’t worry – you can always retake the exam after a set period of time.
- Maintain your certification. AWS certifications must be renewed every two years in order to remain valid. To maintain your certification, you will need to earn a certain number of continuing education credits through AWS training and education programs.
Getting your first AWS certification is an exciting step in your career and can open up a world of opportunities. By following this guide, you can be well on your way to becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
Recommended courses for your first AWS Certification
Here at Arcadian.Cloud we officially recommend Adrian Cantrill’s courses. His courses are consistently the highest quality ones out there and for a very good price.